Here's the link for the April Fool's Powerpoint, guys. I hope you learn some interesting April Fool's facts.
The good news from all of this is that, for all I know, everyone has been in and on time every day for virtual school! Give yourselves a pat on the back and a bualadh bos for your excellent attendance! Who knows, when we're back there may be a few more medals handed out!
Dia dhaoibh ar maidin! Conas atá sibh? I hope everyone had a fun and safe weekend. Welcome back to virtual class (I am finding this strange as well, guys.) !
We are attaching today's activities, and I hope anyone who has been put in a group knows which group or groups they will now be working in.
Again, stay safe, any questions feel free to email me, and we'll talk again tomorrow! Oh, and don't forget about Catherine's story contest that she posted on Aladdin.
Hello everyone! Last bit of work for this week. Some art and Egyptian work going up as well to enjoy!
Again, if there's any issues I'll be able to help out if you email me at firstname.lastname@example.org between 10 and 12 tomorrow. If not, then enjoy the weekend and we'll be back in touch on Monday!
Well boys and girls, I'm sure you've heard the news and are all incredibly disappointed that you'll have to go another while without seeing me, but don't worry, I have good news for you as well: Caoimhe and I have prepared schoolwork for you to do while you're at home! Woohooooooo!!
Take a few minutes to celebrate, and then take a look at what activities we have chosen for you today.
If you click into this link, you'll be able to see the different English, Maths, Science and other kind of work we have to do for today. We've also set up a GoNoodle activity, so be sure to get signed up with GoNoodle and get warmed up in the morning with your fun, physical activity.
If there are any issues with work or there's any trouble accessing the file, Mams and Dads can email anytime between 10 o'clock and 12 o'clock tomorrow and I'll try my best to help. The same will count for tomorrow when work is posted.
Good luck guys! Stay safe!
Dia dhaoibh ar maidin. Here are the final activities for this week:
- Mental Maths Friday
- MSW Unit 12 Page 49 Questions 10+11
- Spelling Test (Get someone at home to call out 12 of your spellings and test yourself in your English copy)
- Access https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/measuring-in-cm. It's a measuring exercise. Try and get to a score of 20
- Work as a predictor: Write the chapter of Krasavka and Laika’s trip in the rocket.
Did they get safely to the Dog Star or did they land somewhere else?
Did anyone chase after them in another rocket? If so, who?
Did the two dogs try to contact the other small dogs?
Will they ever return to Earth?
- Fireworks Pages 57+59
- A diary entry for yesterday
Finally, a short story competition is being run by an Irish author named John Boyne for kids all around the country, and since we have so many young authors in the class I think it would be a great idea to enter and see what you can come up with as a story! Here is the link for the competition: https://johnboyne.com/short-story-competition/
Have a safe weekend guys and I'll talk to you again on Monday!
Dia dhaoibh ar maidin! I hope everyone managed yesterday's work all right. Here are today's activities:
- Mental Maths Thursday
- Handwriting: S words
- Estimate, measure nd record the length:
a) Heel to your toe
b) Elbow to tip of longest finger
c) Knee to heel
d) Nose to chin
e) Thumb to pinkie
- Draw a square with 11cm on each side
- A rectangle with two sides that are 14cm and two sides that are 7cm
- Draw one line to turn your rectangle into 2 triangles. What is the length of the line?
- Write your summary on the latest chapter of our novel, 'The Dog Who Stole the Rocket'
- Fireworks Page 58
- Write down 10 facts you've learned about Ancient Egypt from your research
- 2 grid activities
- Irish: Use the Séideán Sí link. Click Roghnaigh and choose Connachta, then click on the story Misneach. Look out for useful verbs to help you pick the sentence that matches the picture. https://seideansi.ie/rang2/gniomhaiocht-1/Ceim%201/Misneach/
And finally, though we hoped to be able to see this in school, special mention to Zuzanna for her first ever Esker birthday! Happy birthday Zuzanna!
That's it guys. Stay safe.
Looking forward to seeing this bunch back in working again and to once again have to ask Omer to take a break from his in-class dancing!
Hello all. I hope we are all managing the unwelcome break well and are staying safe and healthy. To make sure we are not missing out on our education and school work, activities will be posted up here and on the Aladdin homework drive.
Activities for today include:
- Mental Maths Wednesday
- Operation Maths Home Book Length chapter
- Diary entry in your English copy about your St Patrick's Day
- Fireworks Book Pages 55+56 (Read poem and answer questions)
- Story using at least 1 word from each section from My Spelling Workbook Unit 12 (can be done in English copy)
- 2 new grid activities
- Irish: Use the Séideán Sí link. Hit Roghnaigh Connachta and select Cóisir na gCearc. You'll have to pick the sentence that matches the picture. Look out for key verbs in the sentences https://seideansi.ie/rang2.php
Work will be posted again tomorrow. Wishing 2nd Class Green all the best and hoping to see you back in school very soon!