Dia dhaoibh ar maidin! I hope everyone managed yesterday's work all right. Here are today's activities:
- Mental Maths Thursday
- Handwriting: S words
- Estimate, measure nd record the length:
a) Heel to your toe
b) Elbow to tip of longest finger
c) Knee to heel
d) Nose to chin
e) Thumb to pinkie
- Draw a square with 11cm on each side
- A rectangle with two sides that are 14cm and two sides that are 7cm
- Draw one line to turn your rectangle into 2 triangles. What is the length of the line?
- Write your summary on the latest chapter of our novel, 'The Dog Who Stole the Rocket'
- Fireworks Page 58
- Write down 10 facts you've learned about Ancient Egypt from your research
- 2 grid activities
- Irish: Use the Séideán Sí link. Click Roghnaigh and choose Connachta, then click on the story Misneach. Look out for useful verbs to help you pick the sentence that matches the picture. https://seideansi.ie/rang2/gniomhaiocht-1/Ceim%201/Misneach/
And finally, though we hoped to be able to see this in school, special mention to Zuzanna for her first ever Esker birthday! Happy birthday Zuzanna!
That's it guys. Stay safe.
Looking forward to seeing this bunch back in working again and to once again have to ask Omer to take a break from his in-class dancing!
Hello all. I hope we are all managing the unwelcome break well and are staying safe and healthy. To make sure we are not missing out on our education and school work, activities will be posted up here and on the Aladdin homework drive.
Activities for today include:
- Mental Maths Wednesday
- Operation Maths Home Book Length chapter
- Diary entry in your English copy about your St Patrick's Day
- Fireworks Book Pages 55+56 (Read poem and answer questions)
- Story using at least 1 word from each section from My Spelling Workbook Unit 12 (can be done in English copy)
- 2 new grid activities
- Irish: Use the Séideán Sí link. Hit Roghnaigh Connachta and select Cóisir na gCearc. You'll have to pick the sentence that matches the picture. Look out for key verbs in the sentences https://seideansi.ie/rang2.php
Work will be posted again tomorrow. Wishing 2nd Class Green all the best and hoping to see you back in school very soon!