Fun things to do this week June 24th 2020
-Balloon tennis/ volleyball.
-Don’t let the balloon touch the floor- the floor is lava.
-Build a Lego theme park – send me pictures!!
-Sock basketball, all you need is a balled up pair of socks and a small bin or container. 2 points for each shot that goes in, who can get to 20 points first??
-Play musical chairs/ statues to your favourite song.
-Play Hide & Seek……in the dark!!!!
-Have a look at this awesome scale of the universe http://www.onemorelevel.com/game/scale_of_the_universe_2012
-Play some games with some of your favourite characters from books https://pbskids.org/
-For all you Harry Potter fans https://www.wizardingworld.com/
-Explore all things to do with the natural world https://www.amnh.org/explore/ology
-For anyone who loves Dr. Seuss https://www.seussville.com/
-Try out some of these great Disney games or print off some Disney colouring sheets https://lol.disney.com/games
-Can you create some body percussion to your favourite song?
Be a summer star- https://www.sdcc.ie/en/services/sport-and-recreation/libraries/library-projects/
Here are some things you can do outside in your garden, on your balcony or in your local park.
Fun things to do this week Monday June 15th
Things to do outside
Some excellent suggestions on here like staging a historical re-enactment or doing a physics experiment with eggs:
Learn how to juggle:
Practice An Dreoilín for next years Seachtain na Gaeilge:
Learn some songs as Gaeilge:
Taylor Swift https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlI96bUKWws
Ed Sheeran https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJZ9lz_2Dmg
Head to beautiful Airfield Estate:
Try some yoga outside:
Learn how to draw:
A koala https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAstcVv9lfI
Marshmello (Fortnite) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRvSqX5WB7w
Fun things to do June 9th 2020
Things to do in the garden/ or on the balcony:
Take a virtual trip to the aquarium:
To the zoo:
Listen to a book about space, being read by an astronaut IN SPACE!!
Write a secret letter to someone in hieroglyphics:
Create some music, my favourite is the voice spinner:
Coding for ages 5-7 with https://www.scratchjr.org/
Watch some amazing animal videos on:
Fun websites June 3rd 2020
Have a read of JK Rowling’s newest book ‘The Ickabog’:
Here’s some cool science websites:
Learn all about Antarctica (My favourite continent!!!)
For any Avenger’s fans:
For any budding chef’s out there:
Some handy art tips:
How to draw:
A dragon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68vnorMEaIY
A husky https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69TL8p8Qdts
A Minecraft Creeper https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0qjKop_hhg
Some fun videos:
Learn a new dance:
Blinding lights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHhYIV1yAfA&list=PLMr-d2PLsO95ydptpBnsxdQNSKc9iUNU0&index=3&t=0s
Top tips for 1st years.
1. Take care of your things and they’ll take care of you. Put your name on your belongings.
2. If you’re prepared you’ll never be scared. Take time to get used to getting around the school and using lockers.
3. School is scary, be there early. Plan your journey to school before you start in September and do trial runs.
4. Take responsibility for what you do.
5. Try everything and anything. Give sports and clubs a go.
6. Try to get along with everyone, or else you’ll be left without anyone.
7. Meet new people on the first day and they’ll be your friends till you’re old and grey! Socialise. Don’t be afraid to approach people.
8. Focus on schoolwork, but have fun – it’s for six years, hon!
9. Be you, because you is the best you you could possibly be, because there is no one that is you-er than you.
10. School is hard, but remember – keeping positive will help you get far.
Some useful articles on how you can help your child navigate the transition from primary to secondary school.
From Big fish to Little Fish - transition booklet
Folens primary to post primary transition booklet
Booklet for parents of students with Special Educational Needs
NEPS organisational tips
NEPS Homework Plan
Welcome to Linda's Blog. She is our HSCL.