Top tips for 1st years.
1. Take care of your things and they’ll take care of you. Put your name on your belongings.
2. If you’re prepared you’ll never be scared. Take time to get used to getting around the school and using lockers.
3. School is scary, be there early. Plan your journey to school before you start in September and do trial runs.
4. Take responsibility for what you do.
5. Try everything and anything. Give sports and clubs a go.
6. Try to get along with everyone, or else you’ll be left without anyone.
7. Meet new people on the first day and they’ll be your friends till you’re old and grey! Socialise. Don’t be afraid to approach people.
8. Focus on schoolwork, but have fun – it’s for six years, hon!
9. Be you, because you is the best you you could possibly be, because there is no one that is you-er than you.
10. School is hard, but remember – keeping positive will help you get far.